If there ever was proof that our thoughts and emotions impact our body’s chemistry, a view of our human tears under a microscope provide powerful evidence.
In an award-winning 2014 study titled the Topography of Tears, photographer Rose-Lynn Fisher examined more than 100 types of dried human tears including those of grief, laughter, irritation, and change. She captured these images with a special microscopy camera and the results are simply astonishing. http://www.rose-lynnfisher.com/tears.html
These views not only highlight the magnificent design of the human body but also reveal how interconnected we are on all levels. How we think and feel clearly impacts every aspect of our beings down to the very cellular level!
Healing Properties of Laughter
Another study from Ohio State University also showed the connection between our thoughts, feelings and health. The 2014 research found that laughter is highly therapeutic. Laughing releases a flood of feel good hormones called endorphins that travel throughout our body carrying a host of health benefits:
- help oxygenate our cells
- boost our immune system
- enhance memory
- lift energy levels
- enhance our sense of well being
What’s The Significance?
Western medicine tends to treat disease on merely a physical level. Surgery removes the tumor, chemo and radiaton burn the tumor, and a cocktail of drugs manage the physical symptoms, but what about the whole person with the tumor or disease? What caused the tumor or disease in the first place?
Tumors and illness are symptoms of an underlying cause. While this cause can originate from a host of dietary and environmental toxins, it also can be triggered by prolonged, unresolved negative thoughts and emotions. All these suppress the immune system and impair the body’s ability to effectively fight back. In some cases, both the physical and the psycho-spiritual aspects are the culprits. True treatment, therefore, must be integrative, taking into account the whole person—body, mind and spirit. We must take responsibility for these aspects of ourselves that we can control and doctors are likely to ignore.
Examples of Questions
Key questions to ask include:
- Are there unresolved and prolonged feelings of anger and unforgiveness?
- Is there chronic fear, anxiety or depression in the person’s life?
- Are there destructive relationships and patterns?
- Has there been untreated abuse or severe trauma?
Our Cancer Journey
When my husband was diagnosed with cancer, we were shocked and baffled by why a person like him who’d always lived a healthy lifestyle could suddenly be impacted by such a a disease. We asked ourselves what in his life could be making him sick? His diet was healthy, he did not smoke or drink and he exercised regularly. What could possibly have gone wrong?
The answers, in our case, were not only physical ones. My husband had been under severe mental and emotional stress at work for 2-3 years. As a result, he also was also not getting enough sleep. Over time, this combination of issues wore down his immune system causing severe imbalances until one day, when his body’s defenses were too weak to fight back, disease was allowed to erupt—in his case bladder cancer.
To help him heal, we employed several holistic strategies.
- Physical Protocols—We did not use chemo or radiation but several highly effective alternative treatments. (These are explained in our book “Healed, Healthy and Whole, How We Beat Cancer With Integrative Therapies and Essential Healing Strategies https://healedhealthyandwhole.com)
- Nutritional Protocols– We carefully revamped his diet to boost his immune system, cleanse any impurities and rebalance his acid/alkaline PH levels.
- Psycho–Spiritual Protocols– Just as fervently, we followed daily mental, emotional and spiritual strategies to help his heart and mind find strength, forgiveness, peace, and healing.
If you know our story, my husband made a full and complete recovery despite scary, doomsday predictions from conventional doctors. For more details, we invite you to read about our journey.
A 5-Step Personal Plan
Today, if you are battling cancer or a serious illness, consider the following steps.
- Ask yourself, what is making me sick?
- Take your time, make an honest inventory and write down your discoveries.
- Then, look and see where you need to make changes in your life.
- Create a plan of what you are prepared to do week by week to help restore complete balance and healing to your life.
- Find at least one person who can stand with you in faith for your healing and help you follow through with your plan.
Even if you are currently undegoing medical treatment, explore these 5 ways to nurture, strengthen and heal your heart and mind and spirit. Staying postive, having faith for your recovery and inviting God into your situation are ways to help lift your spirits and accelerate your healing. The road back to health may be challenging, but in the end it brings many tears of joy and laughter.
Great information. Thank you for your trials and tests. This is truly remarkable reading and well worth following advice from. Gracias.
Fascinating! Who would have known even our tears are different with various emotions! Thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.
Leave a Comment