Healthy, nutritious and full of flavor, this salad is ideal for entertaining and for yummy family meals.
- 2 whole, skinless, chicken breasts from pasture-raised chickens
- Organic, low sodium chicken broth or water
- Salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Avocado or olive oil mayonnaise (avoid canola oil)
- 1 stalk of celery
- Curry powder
- Handful of fresh parsley
- A bag or one pound of mixed greens
- 2 large carrots
- A bunch of seedless red grapes
- 1 shallot
- Dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
PREPARATION FOR POACHED CHICKEN
- Put chicken breasts in pot and cover with one inch of chicken broth or water.
- Add ½ tablespoon of salt, pepper, thyme and organo, plus 1 bay leaf, to the liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then quickly reduce heat.
- Partly cover the pot and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat completely and allow chicken to remain in the broth/water for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken, allow it to cool, then cut it into cubes (about 1½-2 cups) and set aside in
PREPARATION FOR CURRY MAYONNAISE
- 3-4 tablespoons of avocado oil or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 stalk of crisp celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder (add more or less to taste)
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- A dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Add curry mayonnaise mixture to cubed chicken, thoroughly coating all chunks (add more mayonnaise or seasoning to taste).
PREPARE SALAD MIXTURE
- Rinse 1 pound of organic mixed greens and pat dry with dish towel
- Shred 2 large organic carrots
- Rinse one bunch of seedless red grapes
PREPARE SALAD DRESSING
- Mince 2 shallots, then crushed into a paste
- Mince 1 small garlic clove, then crush into a paste
- Add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Add a dash of Stevia
- Add ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Add ½ cup olive oil
- Whisk shallots, garlic, vinegar, mustard, and Stevia in a small bowl. Slowly add in olive oil and whisk until well blended.
Spread salad greens and carrots onto serving plates. Sprinkle with red grapes. Add scoop of chicken curry in center. Serve salad dressing on the side in a small cup.
Makes 2-4 servings. Enjoy!