This delicious salad is full of taste and goodness and perfect for the holiday season.
- 1 cup uncooked, organic red, black or mixed color quinoa
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted whole almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Stevia or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 3 tbsp plain, full fat yoghurt
- Juice of 1/2 organic lemon
- 1/4 tsp of organic ground black pepper
- 4 cups of roughly chopped and destemmed kale
- 2 cups of fresh blackberries
- In saucepan, bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and leave covered for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place almonds and sesame seeds, sweetener and salt on baking dish. Toss to mix ingredients and spread into a single layer. Roast for 5- 10 minutes, until caramelized. Cool to room temperature and roughly chop nuts (that are now crispy).
- In a large bowl, mix the vinaigrette, yoghurt, lemon juice and pepper until fully combined. Add kale, blackberries and cooked quinoa, reserving a few blackberries for garnish (include a few sliced strawberries for color – optional).
- Mix until all ingredients are blended, cover and chill for one hour.
- Serves 4
- 1/2 cup organic, extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp low organic tamari
- 1 tbsp Stevia
- 1 tbsp organic Dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- 1/2 clove finely minced garlic
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or in a lidded jar and mix together well. Leave at room temperature. Shake again before using.
Wishing you all a safe and marvelous Thanksgiving! Here’s to living Healed, Healthy and Whole!
(Recipe adapted from Allison Day, RHN)