When you eat food close to its natural state, such as fruits, vegetables and nuts, you are giving your body the very best nutrients. Whole food refers to that which has not undergone processing or have chemicals and additives.
Clean eating will not only protect and/or help restore your health but contribute to weight loss. By eliminating sodas, sweet drinks, cereals, desserts, etc., people have been known to drop up to 5 pounds a week!
Here is a sample menu of what a day of clean eating looks like. You can make the food prep a fun family activity to help with the rinsing, chopping, etc.
– 2 soft boiled or scrambled eggs with a pinch of sea salt, pepper and tumeric
– 2 cups of organic spinach or baby kale, slightly sautéed with organic olive oil, a clove of finely chopped
garlic, with salt and pepper to taste
– a cup of green or spearmint tea with a touch of Stevia to taste
Peeled and sliced a green apple or organic celery sticks with a tablespoon of organic almond butter
Big bowl of lentil vegetable soup or green salad with arugula, romaine lettuce, avocado slices, sprouts, cucumber, shredded carrots, red and yellow peppers, organic sunflower seeds, olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing
Handful of organic blueberries, raspberries or strawberries and 5 organic walnuts
– Baked wild caught salmon or free range chicken breasts
– Top with fresh salt and pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, dill or thyme
– Bake at 400 degrees – 10-15 minutes for the salmon, 25-30 minutes for the chicken
– Steam a head of organic cauliflower till soft
– Transfer to blender and mix till whipped with touch of salt, pepper and tablespoon of olive oil (to taste)
– Take a medium sized butternut squash for 40-45 minutes
– Cut in slices and serve hot with drizzled olive oil, salt, pinch of cinnamon, ginger and honey
Sip a delicious cup of tumeric ginger tea or spearmint tea with a touch of Stevia to taste
You can learn more about healthy eating from Environmental Working Group (www.ewg.org) and the Center for Science in the Public Interest (https://cspinet.org)
Here’s wishing you and your loved ones a vibrant Healed, Healthy and Whole life!