Fig season is a wonderful time to enjoy this nutritious fruit that can be used in so many tasty ways. This smoothie below is a true favorite.
- 1 ripe avocado – remove the skin, seed and chop into smaller chunks
- 6-8 ripe figs (brown or green), washed and quartered
- 4-5 raw, organic unsalted almonds
- 4-5 raw, organic unsalted cashews
- Juice of 1 whole lemon, (including a slice of the rind)
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic flax seeds
- 1 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of coconut or olive oil
- 2.5 cups purified water
- Pinch of sea or himalayan salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pinch of stevia (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend well
- Pour into individual glasses and enjoy!
Here’s to living Healed, Healthy and Whole!