Eating healthy meals and snacks while juggling a busy schedule is always a challenge. Try these tasty and nutritious Egg, Broccoli and Cheddar muffins that are easy to prepare and to carry with you. Enjoy one or two as a meal or a quick snack and get a protein and veggie boost sure to give you energy for the day.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of avocado oil or Ghee (organic, clarified butter)
- 6 medium eggs and 6 egg whites (from pasture raised chickens)
- 70 grams of small broccoli florets or chopped spinach
- 55 grams of raw, grated cheddar cheese (from pasture raised cows)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, dill, or thyme (optional)
- Sea or Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Organic pepper (to taste)
PREPARATION FREEZE AND KEEP
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a six-pocket muffin tin with butter or avocado oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, and herbs (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together broccoli florets (or chopped spinach) and grated cheese
- Pour veggie cheddar mix evenly into the six muffin pockets
- Add 75 mls of the egg mixture on top of each muffin (careful to not overfill)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are firm (do not overcook or they dry out)
- Serve warm or allow to cool
- Makes 3 servings – enjoy!
FREEZE AND KEEP
- If you’d like to freeze and save these, place the muffins in a freezer-safe plastic food bag and seal
- Muffins will keep for up to several weeks
- Before eating, reheat by adding a few drops of water to the eggs or plate to rehydrate and freshen them up
(Adapted from Glow15 recipes)
Here’s to living Healed, Healthy and Whole!