Healthy, nutritious fats are essential for optimum brain function, good skin, hair, bones, weight loss and more. Almonds are not only a delicious source of unsaturated fatty acids, but also high in vitamins B2 and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus. They’re also rich in fiber that aids in good digestion and helps lower cholesterol.
Here are two delicious ways to use these marvelous nuts in your dishes and cuisine.
- 1/2 lb tofu, mashed
- 3 tbsp organic lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. organic, cold pressed olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Stevia
- 1/2 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 raw, unsalted, organic almonds
- Spread the the raw almonds in a single layer pan covered with an ungreased cookie sheet
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roast the almonds for 15-20 minutes
- Remove pan from the oven and let them cool for just a few minutes
- Blend the almonds and other ingredients in a blender until creamy and smooth
- Pour into a bowl and mix in the chopped nuts. Refrigerate before serving
Omit the tofu, lemon and Stevia from the mixture above and thin with water.