- 6 cups of organic vegetable stock
- 1 cup of raw organic cashews
- 1 medium sized organic onion, finely chopped
- 1 organic celery stalk, finely chopped
- I large organic carrot, chopped
- 1 organic garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium organic sweet potato, cubed
- 1-2 heads of organic broccoli, including stems, chopped (about 4 cups)
- ½ cup of organic frozen peas
- 2 tspn organic dried thyme
- 1 ½ tspns Himalayan or sea salt
- ½ tspn organic black pepper
Blend the cashews with 1 cup of vegetable stock until creamy smooth. Set aside.
In a large pot, cook onion, celery and carrot with one 1 cup of vegetable stock for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, bell pepper and sweet potatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the remaining 4 cups of vegetable stock and the broccoli, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer until the broccoli and potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
In separate pot cook 1 cup of frozen peas, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Add the cashew mixture to the soup and stir until mixed. Remove the pot from the heat and puree about ¾ of the soup in small batches until smooth. Leave ¼ of the soup with the chunky vegetables in the pot.
Return the pureed soup to the pot. Add the peas and reheat slightly, stirring well.
Makes 6 delicious servings.
(Adapted from recipe by Veggies for Me)