If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy, low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes, consider the cauliflower mash. At one quarter the calories, the creamy goodness of this dish is a great complement to any lunch or dinner, is always a smash hit, and is so simple to prepare.
- One medium-sized head of cauliflower
- Unsalted butter (preferably from pasture raised cows)
- Full fat cream (preferably from pasture raised cows)
- Handful of fresh chives
- Steam cauliflower 10-15 minutes until tender
- Discard liquid
- Mix in a food processor with
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 3 tablespoons cream
– salt and pepper to taste
– blend until creamy (unless you prefer a little lumpy)
– scoop into a bowl and sprinkle chives on top
– serve hot!
- Serves 2-3 people. Enjoy!
(For an extra zing of flavor and if you’re not counting calories, you can add 2 tablespoons of full fat cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese, and cut down the cream to 1 tablespoon.)
Here’s to living Healed, Healthy and Whole!