Never think that eating healthy food means you have to sacrifice flavor! Here’s a fantastic dessert recipe full of antioxidants, minerals and healthy fats that’s dairy free and tastes absolutely great! It’s quick and easy to prepare and even more fun to eat– bet you’ll go for seconds!
AVOCADO CHOCOLATE AND BERRY MOUSSE
- 2 medium-sized soft avocados
- 1/3 cup of raw cacao powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao unsweetened nibs
- 5 fresh pitted dates chopped fairly small
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, nut milk or filtered water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
- pinch of sea or himalayan salt
- toasted coconut flakes
- strawberries, blackberries and mint leaves for garnish
- Soak the dates in warm water until soft (up to 30 minutes)
- Combine peeled avocados, dates, milk, Stevia, vanilla, salt, cacao powder, and nibs in a blender or food processor
- Blend until smooth- add more liquid if needed
- Adjust ingredients to taste
- Serve in a small dish and garnish with strawberries, blackberries and mint
Serves 2 – Enjoy!
(Original recipe courtesy of Food Matters.)
Thanks looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.
Comments are closed.
Leave a Comment